parties

inspiring celebrations {champagne party}

February 21, 2013

This past weekend my husband and I threw a champagne themed soiree for some of our friends.  It was a great opportunity to have friends over to our new home, get fancy, and drink champagne.  I love champagne.

invite

I created the invitations, printed party gear, decorations, and setting.  My aim was festive, classy, and a bit glamorous.

table

We offered pairings of champagne with different bites:  Sweet-Cupcakes; Prosecco-Spicy Nuts; Rose-Herbed Pizza; and Dry-Brie and goat cheeses.

labelscupcakes

My good friend Krista made delicious champagne cupcakes with a champagne pastry filling and champagne buttercream frosting.  PERFECT!  She did custom fondant toppers based on the colors and concepts I had going on in the party (She is so good).  Thanks to her, I will be sharing more on that recipe later this week.

champagne-cupcakes

And those delightful sprinkles, custom combined, that fit right in with my theme…courtesy of Laura at The Sprinkle Box Shop!

glasses1

Upon arrival, guests got to grab their glass and go…

glasses2

…to the champagne cocktail station, where each could make a drink to fit his or her fancy.  The French 75 was a hit!

shakers

There was champagne punch, of course.

champagne-punch

And a friendly reminder, with all that champagne flowing, to hydrate.

water

I loved creating the setting for a memorable evening filled with good drinks, good friends, and of course, a dance party at the end!

Hope I have inspired you all to celebrate.

Anne

The 36th Avenue

Tatertots & Jello

I {heart} Naptime

• Reply Krista February 21, 2013 at 8:01 pm

absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply akkiernan February 21, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Speaking of stunning…THOSE CUPCAKES!!!
      xo

• Reply Rachel Slowey February 21, 2013 at 8:14 pm

I am saving this in my “Favorites” Ann – This is a GREAT!!!! Idea & I am in the process of buying my first home… love, Love, LOVE!!!

• Reply akkiernan February 21, 2013 at 8:17 pm

You go girl!
      And thank you for visiting!

• Reply Christina @ I Gotta Create! February 21, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Very elegant! I love the invitations.

<3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

• Reply Lisa Swift February 21, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Wow, this is one fabulous looking party. The whole ensemble is beautiful and so festive and welcoming. :)

• Reply akkiernan February 22, 2013 at 1:06 am

Much thanks for the kind words. It was a fun evening!
      Anne

• Reply Laurel (@abubblylife) February 22, 2013 at 2:32 am

I need to have a bubbly party- this is beautiful! Did a lot of pinning! TY for the inspiration!

• Reply akkiernan February 22, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Glad you liked it!!! Thank you!

• Reply Nancy Pfeifer February 22, 2013 at 3:02 am

Gorgeous party! Thank you for sharing! Nancy

• Reply Liz F February 22, 2013 at 5:00 am

This is very cute! I’m always looking for party themes. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply akkiernan February 23, 2013 at 12:10 am

Thanks for checking it out!

• Reply sassygirlshop February 23, 2013 at 5:10 am

Your party was awesome! Your chalkboard looked amazing! I wish I was your neighbor…:)

Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.com

• Reply akkiernan February 23, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Thanks! It was a great time!

• Reply Alycia Nichols February 23, 2013 at 6:43 pm

What a super idea!!! Anyone who loves the taste (and the tickle!) of champagne would be thrilled to be a guest at this party! I have heard of champagne cupcakes, but I’ve never tasted one. I’ll bet they are delish!!! I love that you offered a punch and lots of water, too, for the teetotalers. That’s the mark of a good hostess! Love your color scheme, too!!!

• Reply akkiernan February 23, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Thank you so much! The punch was a hit too!

• Reply chocolatelovertoo February 27, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Love this idea! My new house is ready next week, and this would be a perfect way to celebrate!
    Thanks!

• Reply Christina @ I Gotta Create! February 27, 2013 at 11:26 pm

You are a STAR today over at I Gotta Create! I’m featuring you and your fabulous champagne party ideas. http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2013/02/12-funky-and-elegant-projects.html

Thank you so much for linking up at the Wildly Original link party!

See you at the party tonight,
    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

• Reply 30 Days: Glam with Gatsby | Birthday, Wedding, and Party Invitations and Ideas | InvitationBox.com Blog November 25, 2013 at 5:16 pm

[…] Champagne Party – Champagne cupcakes. Need we say more?? […]