miscellaneous, parties, printable

Seuss Celebration: Seuss-O

February 25, 2013

Big Birthday coming up this weekend…Dr. Seuss!  I am a huge Dr. Seuss fan and have used his books over and over again, as a parent and as a speech-langauge pathologist.  I think Theodor Seuss Geisel was a genius.  I am one of a million, I am sure.

In celebration of the good Doctor’s birthday, my friend and some of her neighbors threw an afternoon party with a Dr. Seuss theme for their wee little ones.  I had the privilege of designing some of the printables, creating the decor, and helping to style this spur-of-the-moment party…which I will share this week.

One of my personal favorites included for the party were these fun, Bingo-style, party favor games…

IMG_6827

Image

complete with candy bingo markers.

Image

You can find the printable for both the Seuss-O game and the calling cards below.  While you are at it, go ahead and print two of the calling card files and you have yourself a little memory game!

Image

Calling Cards

Seuss-O Printable

I am looking forward to playing this Saturday with my daughter, in celebration of Dr. Seuss’s birthday.

Now, go have some fun that is funny.

Anne

A to Zebra Celebrations

Blooming Homestead

Someday Crafts

Savvy Southern Style

Bloom

• Reply Krista February 25, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Anne the kids loved playing Seuss-O and the M&M’s were a such a fun idea! Thank you again!

• Reply akkiernan February 27, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I am playing it with Moira this weekend…and throwing a mini-celebration. You have inspired me!

• Reply Brooke February 25, 2013 at 3:38 pm

This is so great! I’m a huge Dr. Seuss fan too! I used to teach first grade and loved celebrating his birthday. Now I have three boys of my own, and it’s fun to celebrate with them. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

• Reply vintagemarigold February 25, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Thank you for this! I love it! Memory will be perfect for my5 year old! Now to hunt down cardstock:)

• Reply akkiernan February 25, 2013 at 8:49 pm

You’re most welcome. If you bring the file to an office max or office depot they will laserjet print on their card stock for you. I am a big fan of the laserjet because the colors don’t run if it gets wet/spilled on/slobbered on/dropped in the toilet…etc. Have fun!

• Reply Abi February 26, 2013 at 1:49 am

Fabulous printable! I have a 5 year old who will be very excited about this! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Kelly @ View Along the Way February 26, 2013 at 11:58 pm

What a great idea! My little man would love to play this just any old day. Love!

• Reply bridgett February 27, 2013 at 1:57 am

Love this idea! I just recently introduced my two little boys to the concept of tic tac toe and they would have so much fun with these, and obviously the candy ;) Would love for you to share at the party! xo bridgett

• Reply akkiernan February 27, 2013 at 2:22 am

Sounds great! So excited to come visit your link party!

• Reply Kristina February 27, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Yay! I was hoping there would be some Dr. Suess ideas on the link party today!!! Thank you so much. I am pinning this and sharing it with my readers!

• Reply akkiernan February 28, 2013 at 12:39 am

Thank you so much! Enjoy!

• Reply Mariel @ Or so she says... March 2, 2013 at 5:10 am

These are adorable! Thanks for linking them up at ‘Or so she says…’, they’ll be featured again on the blog tomorrow, as one of my top two favorite links! Hope you stop back to share again. Have a great night! :)

Mariel @ Or so she says…

• Reply akkiernan March 2, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Thank you! I will be sure to visit! I love all the inspiration.

• Reply Natalie @ Confetti Diaries March 8, 2013 at 12:31 am

Thanks for sharing such a fantastic printable! It’s such a fun way to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday. I love the idea of using the M & Ms as game markers.

• Reply Anne March 8, 2013 at 12:57 am

Your welcome! I was inspired by my daughter’s love of M&Ms! LOL.
      Enjoy!