food

the ultimate crave brownie

June 18, 2013

I know that I have confessed my love for bacon and chocolate together.  It is the ultimate combination.  Well, I did something terrible.  I combined bacon and chocolate again–this time with salted nuts, whiskey caramel sauce, and salted pretzels.  In a brownie.  It is what I like to call the ultimate CRAVE brownie.

crave-brownie-title

Like many things I make, I could not leave these things in the house.  So I sent them to my husband’s office where they received rave reviews.  Salty, sweet, smokey, and crunchy.  So good.

3-crave-browniesultimate-crave-brownies

I used the Fudgy, Chewy, Cakey Brownie recipe from My Baking Addiction as the base, using some my Chef’s Blend 70% from SOMA for all of the chocolate in the recipe.  Once the batter was mixed, I added 1/2 cup chopped, salted mixed nuts and 1/4 cup chopped, cooked bacon (about 6 strips).  I poured the finished batter into the prepared pan and drizzled some of my homemade whiskey caramel sauce on top before baking.

Once the brownies were done and cooled a bit, I topped with a simple chocolate glaze (also from My Baking Addiction…can you tell I love the recipes that Jamie puts up there!).  I immediately topped with crushed pretzels and another drizzle of caramel sauce, then refrigerated.  After everything set, the brownies came out of the pan, were cut into squares, and were ready to be enjoyed.  And they were.  Very much.

Here is one more for ya.

brownies

VMG206

BeBetsy

Craftberry Bush

Design, Dining & Diapers

Crafty, Scrappy, Happy

• Reply BeBetsy June 19, 2013 at 12:12 am

Anne-these are certainly ultimate crave brownies! I so get it and they looks delicious.

So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

Thanks for linking back to BeBetsy.

Have a great week~xo
    Sharon and Denise!

• Reply nicole June 19, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I love this! I will have to try this out soon! I am new from southern charm. I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully follow me back! Nicole

• Reply Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen June 20, 2013 at 11:09 pm

This brownie is every man’s dream brownie!!! Thanks for linking up at Tasty Tuesday’s!!! I am one of the co-hosts this month!

• Reply Anne June 20, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Thanks for visiting…they certainly are a total man-food…!

• Reply Diane | An Extraordinary Day June 21, 2013 at 12:04 am

Oh. My. Goodness. If I could only reach through the screen to sample one. They look and sound amazing!!
    Thanks for sharing at Monday Funday Link Party!
    Hope your week has been Extraordinary!

• Reply Anyonita June 22, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Oh my NOM! Those are certainly the ultimate crave brownies! They look fab! I love the idea of the pretzels on top! Making these next time I need a special dessert! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!

• Reply Jess @HungryHarps June 24, 2013 at 2:45 am

These brownies should be illegal!! Talk about an awesome surprise for my hubby’s birthday – he would be floored. :) Pinning right now.

Thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays – hope to see you again this week!

• Reply {Moonlight & Mason Jars} Monday Night Link Up #12 | Mama Dish June 24, 2013 at 7:14 pm

[…] href=”http://circusberry.com/2013/06/18/the-ultimate-crave-brownie/&#8221; target=”_blank”>The Ultimate Crave Brownie</a> – Circus […]

• Reply Tasty Tuesday Linky and Highlights | Dixie Chik Cooks June 25, 2013 at 9:15 am

[…] Crave Brownies from Circus Berry […]

• Reply Tasty Tuesday’s!!! | The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen June 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm

[…] Crave Brownies from Circus Berry […]

• Reply Time for Another Tasty Tuesdays Link Party! «Dizzy Busy and Hungry! November 18, 2013 at 7:11 pm

[…] Crave Brownies from Circus Berry […]