home

don’t lose the dreams {diy framed art}

September 6, 2013

Everyone has that favorite band, and a favorite song, and many people have a song line that pops into their head every now and again, or a lyric that inspires, brings back memories, gives a certain feeling…something.

My all time favorite band is the Dave Matthews Band, so I revisit their albums, new and old, quite often.  I decided to break out Busted Stuff a couple of weeks ago while cooking and the song “You Never Know” came on.  There I am, singing along (not very well I might add), happily crooning with Mr. Matthews, “Don’t lose the dreams inside your head, they’ll only be there until your dead, dream…”

Inspired.

Thus, comes the new addition to Miss Moira’s bedroom wall.

dont-lose-your-dreams-wall

I took a fairy garden picture from a couple weeks back:

fairy-garden

Cropped it and added some filters via CoffeeShop Designs:

garden-edit

Gave it some fancy font:

Don't-Lose-the-Dreams

And framed it up.

dont-lose-the-dreams-printgirls-gallery-wall

There you have some personalized, easy DIY wall art.  Perfect for a little girl’s room.  And it fulfills my ongoing attempt to fill our walls with images we have taken, art we have created, or thoughtful, original items we have grabbed in our travels.  Score!

Signature

Love it!!

• Reply Anjana @ At The Corner Of Happy & Harried September 6, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Sweet!

• Reply Anne September 6, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Thank you.

• Reply Linda September 6, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I’m over from Create and Inspire. I’d love to have you share at What to do weekends also. I am pinning this. I love it!!! You are right. I also have some beautiful photos that I could frame and enjoy. Following on Pinterest and Bloglovin. Best wishes, Linda

• Reply Anne September 7, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Awesome. I will head over. Happy you like the print and hope you can enjoy it in your home!

• Reply Kylie Helm September 7, 2013 at 7:43 pm

I absolutely love this printable! I have saved it to put in our guest room! I can’t believe you took that in your garden. -SO gorgeous!

Kylie @ Absolutely Arkansas

• Reply Anne September 7, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Thanks. I am happy to hear that you like it and will be able to use it in your home. Enjoy!

• Reply making rooms {butterfly accent wall} | Circus Berry September 14, 2013 at 7:02 am

[…] room, specifically the gallery wall that I finished up with a pretty framed print I made (available for free here).  This room has definitely been worked wall by wall.  Here is another portion that is finished […]