crafts

waste basket upcycle {diy}

November 1, 2013

Do you love dressing up the ordinary items around your house?  I do.  I am not afraid to admit that sometimes I get a little out-of-control with my sassiness either.

waste-basket-upcycle

I am working on putting together my craft space in the basement (sssslllloooooowwwwwllllyyyy) and wanted a fun waste basket.  Let’s be honest, your garbage pail should be just as spark-tacular as the rest of your space, right?

I couldn’t find an inexpensive, fun waste basket so I made one.

waste-basket-prep

Grab an inexpensive plastic waste basket, your favorite paints, and some tape.  Then go to town.  Wait, before you do…consider reading this “How to Paint Perfect Stripes…” post from Centsational Girl.  We don’t want your colors to bleed!.

First I taped off to spray white, removed the tape, and allowed it to dry.  The next day I taped over the white, prepped for the black, sprayed black, removed the tape, and allowed that to dry.  A couple days later, I marked off the bottom with tape, making sure I pressed the tape down very well, covered the rest of the pail with paper, and sprayed gold.  A couple minutes here, a couple minutes there, done.

upcycle-waste-basket

Such a fancy waste basket.  I feel like I can throw away my garbage in style now.

redone-waste-basket

SignatureLinking it Up:

Gingerly Made
Bloom Designs
Inspiration Gallery
What to Do Weekends
Pinworthy Projects Link Party
Craft Frenzy Friday
The Party Bunch Link Party
Moonlight and Mason Jars
Link Party Palooza
DIY Showoff

• Reply Stacia November 1, 2013 at 1:53 pm

This looks so much better than a normal trash can! I may just have to try decorating mine one day.

• Reply Anne November 1, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Do it!!! Why shouldn’t a trash can be glam, right?

• Reply Making a Simple Wastebasket Look Fabulous November 1, 2013 at 8:00 pm

[…] from Circus Berry has been working on putting together a craft space in her basement.  Every crafter knows that […]

• Reply Besa November 1, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I love how you transformed an inexpennsive waste basket into a glamouros one. Great job.

• Reply Anne November 3, 2013 at 9:17 am

• Reply Marty@A Stroll Thru Life November 2, 2013 at 11:24 am

Genius. I love this, what a huge transformation. Love, love ,love it. I would love to have you link up to my Inspire Me party that goes live on Monday at 2:30 PT. http://www.astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

• Reply Anne November 3, 2013 at 9:17 am

Thanks for stopping by! I will be sure to link up.

• Reply anu November 3, 2013 at 9:21 am

This is such a great makeover! Love the black and white stripes with the gold.

• Reply Javeriya Crafts November 3, 2013 at 9:30 am

Oo la la! Anne, that’s one freaking awesome up-cycled basket! Your choice of colors just made it look so chic and fab! Love it and definitely pinning!

• Reply Moonlight & Mason Jars {30} - Cherished Bliss November 6, 2013 at 6:01 pm

[…] Furniture via Anderson and Grant // Blue Nightstand via Enjoy the View // Waste Basket via Circus Berry // Kitchen Dresser via The Jenny […]