crafts

white felt & feather wreath

November 26, 2013

Do you want to add a little sparkle to your holiday decor? Maybe a little glam?  This holiday wreath accomplishes both, is easy enough to make, and I am happy to say, can outlast most of the other Christmas decor.  Let’s face it, the snow is here until May (if you live in Upstate NY), so a bit of fun and sparkle might get rid of those mid-winter blues.  Indeed!

felt-&-feather-wreath

First cut out several leaf shapes from white felt, no template needed.  Cut out lots.  And if you need more as you go, cut out more.  That’s what I did.

white-felt-leaves

Hot glue them on a wreath form, around and around until it is covered.  Here’s a little hint, work in the same direction going around…

white-felt-wreath

Wrap a little section with some super-glittery ribbon and tuck in some feathers.  I got this ribbon at Walmart where the Christmas gift wrap is.  I also got gold, because, why not?

finished-felt-feather-wreath

Hang it up where you want some shine.

christmas-felt-wreathchristmas-felt-&-feather-wreathwhite-felt-&-feather-wreath

Should I repeat the process with that fabulous gold ribbon?  Maybe?
Signature

Home Coming
Monday Funday
Skip to My Lou
Block Party
A to Zebra Celebrations
Brag About It
The Winthrop Chronicles

• Reply Danielle Fahrenkrug {Delightful Mom} November 27, 2013 at 4:29 pm

This wreath is beautiful Ann. I love it!

• Reply marissa | rae gun ramblings November 30, 2013 at 1:21 am

Thanks for linking up at the Block Party! I’m featuring your great project this week :)

• Reply Anne November 30, 2013 at 10:07 am

Thanks for stopping by and so glad you liked the wreath. Can’t wait to check out the other great projects. Have a great weekend!

• Reply Amy (@HomeyOhMy) November 30, 2013 at 1:59 pm

GORGEOUS. Very chic. In the thumbnail I thought the felt feathers were real feathers! I just love how all the different textures work together. Beautiful work, Anne!! Thanks for sharing at the Handmade Holiday Link Party :).

• Reply katie November 30, 2013 at 5:22 pm

How pretty! My name is Katie and I host Fall Into the Holidays, now open. All entries get pinned. I would love to have you link up!

• Reply Deonna Wade November 30, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Hey Anne! It’s Deonna from the Child at Heart blog! Thank you so much for linking up at the Merriest Blog Hop! I can’t wait to see all of your holiday ideas…This really can outlast just the Holiday season. I love decor that lasts until spring. This is very pretty! I love the sparkle!

• Reply Alexis @ Persia Lou November 30, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Just beautiful! I definitely think you need a gold one too. :)

• Reply Holiday Decorations Roundup | Block Party #14 - Making the World Cuter December 1, 2013 at 9:00 pm

[…] Bows | Holiday Picture Frame | Cooling Tray Card Holder | Snow Flake Art | Feather Wreath | Bed Spring Candle Holders | Monogrammed Ornaments | Pearl Ornament | Be Merry Banner | Mason Jar […]

• Reply Corey @ Tinysidekick December 2, 2013 at 5:38 pm

This is so pretty Annie. Thanks for sharing it at A Handmade Holiday.

• Reply Ginger December 3, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Another beautiful project Anne! You’ve been featured today at Gingerly Made. Thanks for linking up to the Show & Tell Party. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/12/show-tell-features.html

• Reply Amy W December 3, 2013 at 3:28 pm

This is gorgeous. I am smitten with gold normally, but the silver you chose works so beautifully. I think I’m going to have to make one of these! I’d love for you to share at our Link it or Lump It party. http://www.delineateyourdwelling.com/2013/12/link-it-or-lump-it-party-16.html

• Reply Shannah @ Just Us Four December 5, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Oh my…this wreath is gorgeous. I am pinning this to inspire my winter wreath.

• Reply Dee Williamson December 6, 2013 at 7:47 am

This is gorgeous! Even looks expensive :-) I also thought the feathers were real!

• Reply Ruthie December 7, 2013 at 10:16 am

SO cute! Love it for the holidays… You’ve been featured!! Come grab a button http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com and I’d love to have you share again. Happy Holidays! xoxo~ Ruthie

• Reply White Wreath Inspiration :: It's this time of the year – craftaliciousme November 8, 2015 at 2:33 am

[…] Source: Anne of Circus Berry shows her tutorial […]